Wednesday, February 24, 2010

writing on the wall


since i can't figure out how to load an image off Flickr, i'll post a sample of my wall writing. next to envelopes, my favorite thing to write on is the wall. the bird houses are actual wren houses, to give you an idea of the scale. i use those little bottles of acrylic craft paint because they come in so many colors, therefore, no mixing required. i have purchased two sign painter brushes with long bristles, called liners (i think). i make preliminary sketches on the wall in chalk, paint, let it dry, brush off the chalk. quick, easy, fun. only one rule: don't start with a white wall. if i can't put in white highlights, i don't think it ever looks right. as my friend mary says: that is just my opinion, but i am right.

4 comments:

  1. As a bird lover, this is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except I am not letting them into my house. These are wren houses and I've given them to lots of people who report that the wrens move in and seem to like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom says this is a favorite. I can look at it everyday as it is in MY house.

    ReplyDelete