Thursday, June 10, 2010

my mailbox


this is a store bought envelope that came with a greeting card. the card reads "yoga kills, yoga kills, yoga kills" repeated down the front of the card. clearly scribes get their fill of zen with their zen-like concentration on their penmanship. if you click on stick figures, i think it will take you to my stick figure of myself and my perspective on zen-like concentration.

my studio is two doors from my house, so i walk back and forth several times a day. if i did not get that much exercise, i shudder to think what kind of shape i would be in.

this is jackie's version of double/triple stroking letters. jackie, did you do that before we started trading scribbles? or did it come with our correspondence?

3 comments:

  1. and you have zen concentration when going for coffee...and...chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  2. and that path between the house and studio is a walking meditation, i suppose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I can't even remember sending this little catastrophe. To clarify, I have nothing against yoga practitioners, I just can't do it very well. The textbook I would recommend is *Yoga for Dummies.* I was probably suffering from acute muscle stiffness that day. Regarding double/triple stroked lettering, I started messing around with it pre-Jean, but you probably sent me something that day that re-ignited my imagination. This is where a chronological cross-referenced filing system might have been helpful to our story, but, it would cut into my *Yoga for Dummies* time, and your walking meditation and chocolate time.

    ReplyDelete