Friday, May 31, 2013

john's hat

i see john at family gatherings and he says he checks my blog every day (we'll see if he sees this one). he is multi-talented and multi-occupational. i think he loves his firefighting *hat* so i thought i would find the u.s. postage stamp that commemorates firefighters and

SHOCKING NEWS

they did one to commemorate 9-11
and in 1949 (?) there was one to commemorate volunteer firefighters. but other than that, firefighters seem to be really neglected. and then i checked on policemen...and there are a couple. take a bite out of crime and law and order....neither focus on the people who do the work...
so...
i don't really have time to start another campaign. but i think someone needs to alert the panel that chooses themes for stamps that policemen and firemen and firewomen and policewomen need commemoration on stamps.

maybe there are some that i missed...so, if anyone has seem them, please let me know and i will edit my post.

thanks.

(second post for the day is below)

i used the big-brush faber-castell marker for the name and my little gray g-tec for the little lettering.


2 comments:

  1. I love this envelope...the hat and the lettering. I agree with you. A few less floral commemorations and few more every day heroes is definitely in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean,

    I do love your site, Thank you for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete