Thursday, August 29, 2013

new penpal - new scanner

i had to buy stamps. the heat index is over 100. i rewarded myself by buying a new printer scanner, to have at the house, so i don't have to drive to my mom's house to use hers. i had to drive to a second store to get what i needed and it was a long hot trip. my reward when i got home was this envelope from candy, in oregon. it is paste paper. she wrote my name in the paste...way cool.

she has a blog at www.mypaperarts.com

elizabeth told her about the blog and candy saw that i was wishing i had an envelope exchange pal from each of the 50 states and she volunteered to be oregon. welcome aboard candy :-)

the list of states still available may be viewed if you click [Read more] below





so - I have 10 envelope pals if I
 reassign Jackie to Minnesota, because
i have so many envelopes from her postmarked MN




Alabama             
Alaska  
Arizona                
Arkansas
California            
Colorado             
Connecticut  Smash girl     
Delaware
Florida
Georgia               
Hawaii  
Idaho
Illinois  
Indiana                
Iowa   Chuck & Jeri  
Kansas
Kentucky            
Louisiana            
Maine  
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan             
Minnesota  -------Jackie, if she is willing to be Minnesotan       
Mississippi  Miss Cathy
Missouri              
Montana            
Nebraska            
Nevada
New Hampshire              
New Jersey       
New Mexico   Kathy     
New York
North Carolina  
North Dakota    
Ohio  Finnbadger   
Oklahoma
Oregon  Candy              
Pennsylvania    
Rhode Island     
South Carolina
South Dakota    
Tennessee         
Texas   
Utah
Vermont             
Virginia                
Washington    Elizabeth   
West Virginia
Wisconsin   Nancy & Jackie ---if she wants to be Wisconsin
 Wyoming           

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful envelope. I thought of Jill Quillian when I saw it.
    Enjoy your new scanner! Happy you survived the heat. I don't handle the high dew points well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is challenging to learn a new machine...but, i imagine i'll figure it out.

      Delete
  2. I'm in a border town, and the Colleagues of Calligraphy will claim me as one of theirs. I'll be Minnesotan:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I claim both CT and SC. We have a residence there with a small studio. Many envelopes have been mailed from Charleston and I have more free time there to play

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure...you may have SC. do you want to share CT with Stella?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Jean, for posting my envelope and glad to be your Oregon.

    ReplyDelete