Sunday, October 6, 2013

guest artist - carl regehr

nice story about this envelope at this link

http://dcaiga.blogspot.com/2012/11/envelope-art-by-carl-regehr-1983.html

it talks about a correspondence between two people and how the mail was hung in an exhibit.

it would be fun to hang my mail somewhere....
i was pretty tempted to steal all kinds of ideas off this envelope. love the clothesline.
i always make mine with some slack, so they are a curved line. i really like this nice tight line.
it is interesting how something as subtle as the tautness of a clothesline will catch the eye and inspire....
also the way the 349 is touching the M...and the flying Vs...and the other weather stuff. well, i suppose, you all didn't need me to list what's on the envelope, did you?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this - I really enjoy your Sunday guest artists posts.

    I think this envelope is fascinating - there's a lot going on, at first glance it seems random and unplanned (and maybe it is) but it doesn't look messy or thoughtless.

    Genius!

    And I think the flying Vs are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete