Thursday, May 28, 2015

new stamp

i don't have details, just wanted to post is because i am looking forward to making some names out of peacock feathers. who wants the first envelope?
OK, i have 4 people who will be getting peacock envelopes. carol: to receive your envelope, just email your snail mail address to me at the address that is posted in the blurb with with my photo in the *about me* section (to the right). pamela, i think i have your address, but you might want to send me an email, just to be sure i have the right pamela. heather and susan, i have yours :-). anyone else, sorry you missed out this time, but, if you send me a heart-wrenching essay about how meaningful peacocks are to you i will consider doing more.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I would love my name in feathers! Hester

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEAN! Who wants the first letter?! ME! or even the second or third would be wonderful! Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what do you have to do to be on your mailing list??? Just found your blog and sent out 4 fun envelopes today! So inspiring, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Smash would love one too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was born & raised on a peacock farm, somewhere in the deep rural regions of Missouri. Instead of chicken feather beds we had peacock feather beds, instead of electric fans we used peacock feathers to cool ourselves. I rose in the morning and went to bed at night to the gentle cooing of peacocks, instead of toilet paper, well, you know the rest!
    Jean... I truly mean no harm in trying to wrench your heart. Coo you send me a Peacock envelope? It would surely help soothe my aching heart.
    Jack the Legend

    ReplyDelete
  6. my heart is so wrenched it make take a couple days to recuperate. now, if anyone wants to be added to the list, they have to top jack's story.....any takers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be still my heart! I cannot out-wrench Jack, so I am not attempting. I am not a big peacock lover anyway. The person I DO love, though, is Flannery O'Conner. She is one of my very favorite American authors. Three ounces? This is an expensive stamp.
    It gets worse when I look at what's coming up. I can pass a peacock (but probably not Flannery), I could never walk by a PENGUIN. There's a 2 ounce penguin coming up. I also like the Summer Harvest stamps and the Coastal Birds. The Eastern Tiger Swallowtail is oh so pretty! I've been going a bit nutty with the circus, Ramirez and many other stamps in the past months, so I put myself on stamp probation. Now temptation is so deep. My heart be still!
    I really enjoy your blog, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to see myself on this list...sent you my address today!

    ReplyDelete