Tuesday, October 20, 2015

metallic doodles

i had a post about my september exchange envelopes. i had so much fun, but they were not blog worthy. at the end, i did one for natalie and then i just started doodling and i ended up liking the doodles. so, once again...don't forget to just make random doodles.

the ink is Dr Martin's Iridescent - 13R Nickel
the nib is a Hunt 56. i am going through my stash of nibs and using up random ones that i normally do not use. i actually liked this one a lot and i used a straight holder, not an oblique.

i did not bother with any straight lines on the envelopes. it was fun to just see how well i did without guidelines. i think i did about 20 like this and while i maybe got a little better as i went on, the first ones weren't too bad. that background is a pillow. they sell fabric that has writing on it. i resist the temptation to make clothing out of it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I really like this look! The metallic on that dark blue, or was it a black envelope? Very holidayish!

    Of course, being a digital designer, I can't print in metallic ink, but I've been toying with the idea of trying this with my Silhouette Cameo machine with markers instead of the blade. I've tried in the past but wasn't very successful as the pens I was using would tend to over release and blob at times. I have a new set-up for my cutting blades now so I might give it another whirl!

    ReplyDelete