Thursday, December 31, 2015

janis stars for chuck

this would have been better if the lettering was filled in with marker rather than colored pencil or if the stars were colored pencil. it was fun finding another style of lettering that was psychedelic. although they always look like cinnamon rolls to me. if i ever form a band, we might call ourselves the psychedelic cinnamon rolls. and we're a rap band and instead of wearing bandannas on our heads we wear dish towels and not just any dish towel, they are really nice hand embroidered ones from the 50's and yes i do have a complete set. days of the week.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry. today's post sounds looney. It was a big task to schedule all the posts through March of 2016. I am away from my computer until mid Feb and did not want to come home and feel pressure to figure out blog posts. I guess I can make edits in the comment section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the looniness!!! Those letters do look like cinnamon rolls - love them! Happy New Years Eve!!

      Delete
  2. I like the lettering and I enjoyed your "looney" writing.
    I have towels that my mother made. It was a different kind of embroidery called Huck Weaving. It is a special fabric and you just pick up threads on the front of the fabric so your work doesn't show. They are beautiful. Here is a link to a site that talks about Huck towels.
    http://www.craftandfabriclinks.com/huck/huck_weaving_pg2.html
    Happy and Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did one piece of huck weaving when I was in middle school and really enjoyed it. Now I want to make a huck weaving inspired envelope. Thank you for reminding me about huck weaving.

      Delete
  3. The article covers all the major aspects of the topic. embroidery digitizing service

    ReplyDelete