Wednesday, January 6, 2016

dk wednesday - to geri (health tips)

for a while, i will have dk wednesdays. dk stands for desk cleaning.* the orange on this is wimpy because that's how it scanned and it has some fun Gelly Roll Clear Star glitter details.

the tip to notice is the use of three faint lines to help you position your address.

* why not dc? dc stands for district of columbia. dk stands for my brother, keeper of the kleanest desk in the universe.

also....


one more note to the exchangers:
occasionally an exchanger will say or write something to me about being intimidated by the more advanced artists who participate in the exchanges. i assure you, the exchanges are open to everyone and the whole point is to have complete beginners exchanging with people who are more advanced. when i first started exchanging (20+ years ago), i treasured the envelopes i received from people who were light years ahead of me. those examples really inspired me to hone some skills. if the uber-talented artists (UTA) who participate in my exchanges did not want to exchange with beginners, they would not sign up. when a UTA receives a beginner's envelope they don't scowl at it and make snarky remarks...they look at the big picture and see all kinds of things that remind them how much fun it is to exchange mail. so please don't feel like your mail will be anything less than a pleasant surprise - no matter whose name is on the envelope. if you want me to critique your work and make suggestions, just ask. i am always happy to give tips and make suggestions. if you are stressing over the quality of your work, you have missed the point of my blog. it is to experiment and have fun and toss your work out into the world, then sit back and enjoy what shows up in your mailbox.

i just read the official zentangle blog. some nurse -somewhere- ran blood pressure tests before and after people did some zentangling, which is just organized doodling. and the blood pressure dropped by more than what blood pressure meds are able to accomplish. i don't have time to test enveloping, but my gut tells me that if you are puttering on envelopes you will get the same benefit as you would if you were zentangling. so, go forth and be healthy.


side note: i have really low blood pressure. alarmingly low once in a while....so, i should probably switch to that dark chocolate with all the fancy salt on it as my primary food source.

and super side note: if you have leprosy or any problem skin condition. try Nasacort. it is an over the counter nose spray for allergies. my husband had the worst looking skin condition on his leg. it really did look like leprosy. he went to several doctors who prescribed the most insanely priced ointment that did nothing. one day after he was dealing with his head allergies -using Nasacort- he decided to put some on his leg and it completely cleared up. it was a miracle. he even showed his dermatologist who was very impressed. so, while i hesitate to be dishing medical advice, this was really amazing and -trust me- if i had shown you the condition on his leg prior to the miracle cure, you would have gagged.

 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the medical advice, Jean. I'm betting my hubby has what yours did on his legs, I'm getting him some Nasacort tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be on the dark chocolate with fancy salt diet...that sounds divine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing such great information.It is informative, can you help me in finding out more detail on Health Tips ,iam interested and would like to know more about this field and wanted to understand the basics Fitness Experts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can Google Zentangle and blood pressure to find out more info about how doing Zentangles can possibly lower blood pressure.
      I don't know anything else about the Nasacort healing a skin condition. It worked for my husband - but that's all I know. I just mentioned it in case anyone wanted to try it.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing such great information.It is informative, can you help me in finding out more detail on Health Tips
    ,i am interested and would like to know more about this field and wanted to understand the details about Fitness Experts

    ReplyDelete