Thursday, February 16, 2017

Sept Exchangers

Top one from Finnbadger looks like he bought a set of alphabet rubber stamps. One of my favorite fonts.

And below, the colors in Lynne's patterned paper go very nicely with Finn's envelope.

***
Inserting my Valentine's Day rant.
My son works at a restaurant and I saw him on the 13th. He was bracing himself for the 14th. He said they had already had a ton of calls for reservations and he knew it would be a very stressful evening. What's wrong with people? Why do they all have to go out on the 14th. Why can't we set aside the whole week for celebrating. Wouldn't that be easier on everyone. Or maybe just 4 or 5 days. Why is the exact day so important? Obviously, I am not picky about the exact day - not even for birthdays. But can someone explain to me why some people are so attached to the exact day? I just don't get it....

3 comments:

  1. Why do we have to have greeting card holidays forced on us? Too much hype and too much pressure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels the holidays are too hyped and pressurized. Although it did occur to me that those of us who can create really beautiful, one-of-a-kind cards - on any day - have a skill that is not universal. We think nothing of tossing off a quick, fun greeting whenever the mood strikes. There are probably lots of people who appreciate Hallmark telling them that it's time to send some heartfelt words out to the loved ones. If people need a nudge to observe holidays - it's probably better than a complete lack of holidays. Now I have to go research and see if there are any cultures that do not observe any holidays..... report to follow.

      Delete
    2. I can't find any articles on cultures with no holidays. But this was an interesting article on how the US treats vacations as perks and many other countries treat vacations as an essential part of a healthy life.
      http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20141106-the-no-vacation-nation

      My daughter and husband lived and worked in Sydney for 2 years and they noted that Americans were seen as workaholics....

      Delete