Sunday, September 3, 2017

June Exchange from Jannie

Flowers from Jannie. Up close it looks like she starts with paint and then after it dries, she goes back over it with a black marker. I like the way she combined the current stamp with a vintage stamp - although the size and weight did not require the extra stamp. Maybe she is just trying to use up stamps. The black on the vintage stamp complements the black in her artwork. Maybe she just needed some black...I know I struggle with stamps that do not have any black as I frequently use black as the element that finishes up the project. Except for when I start with black and then fill in.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I use paint for details, but yes, I think this was marker. As to the stamp...I am sure I had a reason at the time??? I think it was because of the floral design and the black element, but it may have been "just because." ;-)

    ReplyDelete