Tuesday, October 17, 2017

BHB's Best Find Ever - Bonus Post

Today's regular post is right below.
This envelope is a rerun from the uber-talented Carol DuBosch.

My BHB (BigHelpfulBrother) sent a link to a video that explains how the cost of mailing items between countries is calculated and how the money is transferred. While it might be a tiny bit nerdy of interest to only a few mail-enthusiasts, I think I have more than a couple fellow mail-nerds mail-aficionados who read the blog and will be giddy at learning about this part of the mail system. It soothes my frazzled being to know that there are a few orderly and high functioning entities left in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHhkNwE7pr8

P.S. Apologies if the word nerd is now on the list of words that have become offensive. I guess I could go back and insert aficionado. I guess I did. Typing and using the cross-out function is like virtually writing on paper. It seems more personal.

Big thank you to the BHB. I see a lemon meringue pie in your future - and yes it will be the Goldberg Variation recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, I was just wondering about this YESTERDAY as I prepared to put addresses on wedding envelopes for my son’s many friends in Peru, with its notoriously awful postal system. It got me thinking—how DOES that work when you put an American Global Forever stamp on a piece of mail and it leaves America!

    Give your BHB a hug from me!

    Janna Mauldin Heiner, Idaho

    ReplyDelete