Saturday, December 16, 2017

Gina's Eclipse Mail to Natalie

Back in early September, Gina sent me an email and these images. She had seen my request for mail to be sent to Natalie.

This is from her email:


My husband and I were in the Path of Totality at Alliance, Nebraska and were stunned and amazed. Of course, I had to make the cards and envelopes ahead of time, but our family and friends were quite pleased to receive them.

There were 2 very nice postal worker ladies at the Alliance P.O. who carefully hand-cancelled each stamp, catching it just on the lower corner. Mailing them was a very satisfying end to a rare experience.



And---the photo of the couple is Gina and her husband.
In my last class we had a conversation about arranging the elements on an envelope. I advise people to stay away from arrangements where there is focus on the corners - and strong diagonals - unless you are looking for a lot of movement. This might be the all time best example for why you would want to create a strong diagonal and put the strongest focal points in the opposite corners.

I also like the way the lettering creates a backdrop.
It is the right scale and fills the right amount of space - by creating a suggestion of a horizon.
Very cool.
Thank you so much for send this, Gina.



2 comments:

  1. It's very cool. His arm is such a strong feature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Very cool! Her thumb on his arm extends the angle, too. 🙂

    ReplyDelete